Monday, February 22, 2016

Friendly Dogs

My sister in law has a very friendly golden retriever. He seems to be a perpetual puppy state and will chase a tossed tennis ball for hours. We visited them a while back and my sons stayed outside to play with the dog while the adults retired to the air conditioned living room. My sons and their child soon came in, the oldest two in a state of barely contained giggles. “that dog is so friendly”, my youngest addressed the adults. “he really likes hugs” At this statement the older two boys could not contain themselves anymore and began to laugh out loud. “yeah tell ’em what kind of hugs” one of them stated. My confused child looked at them and then at me before answering “he likes to hug my leg!” “he just kept on hugging and hugging it even when I pushed him off” “oh yeah he is super friendly” said one of the older boys who by now was in a fit of giggles. Looking at the adults barely suppressing their own giggles. I smiled at my child’s innocence and said “yes, some dogs are like that”. And with the eye look that only mothers can give, got the older boys to contain themselves and they left the room. Gotta love kids!

No comments: