Monday, June 20, 2016

Summer is here! Today is the first official day of summer. And...bring on the haters, I'm not the biggest fan. I don't swim (there's a story there), and my house is air conditioner-less, only fans. I don't like extremes so too much heat and humidity..um no thank you. But spring and fall...big fan. What I do enjoy.....the teacher break. A time to spend with my kiddos before they get too old to want me to spend time with them and popsicles, and the river and that time of day before it gets dark, its still a bit warm, but not oppressing, the day is winding down, you may be grilling out and you can sit on your porch and watch the night come. Hands down a favorite. Doing this in the south where you get the bonus of lightning bugs and dogs running in the yard and kids playing nearby while you chat with your neighbors and family - unbeatable. So yeah Summer, you can hang around for a bit.

No comments: