Saturday, April 7, 2012

So the sports connection reared its head again today. My oldest went fishing, opening day of trout season, you know. And, upon leaving the river, slipped and the Droid phone got wet. While he quickly took it apart, pulled out the battery and card, the screen was damaged. Oh and that warranty I had been paying for for months...useless. So after a visit to the local Verizon office and Best Buy with no luck, we went to an independent Verizon store. And there sports history was made. The rep who attended to us mentioned that he just got finished refereeing a baseball game. And that opened the door for conversatin. What is it about men and sports? He then noticed my son's Mars Hill college ball cap.Turns out store guy has a son same age who plays ball for Lenoir rhyne and wonder of wonder, they were at that exact moment, playing Mars Hill. They started tossing around names of local coaches and athletes, ocmparing stories, sharing jokes and boom bam, before I know it, my child walks out with a brand new iPhone and a promise to pay me back! We will see how that goes...

No comments: