Sunday, January 5, 2020

Dragons, dinosaurs and dolls......learning through dramatic play

I love dramatic play!  The housekeeping/dramatic play center is my favorite out of all the ones in my classroom. In that center, children can be anything that they can imagine. I probably enjoy watching the children interact and investigate in this center because my imagination took me so many places when I was little.
I had the most social and active imaginative life when I was young that my mother said it often sounded like I had 10 or 20 kids in my room with me.  I would play out intricate and long-running scenarios with dolls, stuffed animals, paper dolls, really anything I could find.
Observing my students engage in play without instruction, electronics or interference is delightful.
These three are using capes, scarves and hats to be superheroes.

No comments: