Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hello

I am not a "girly-girl" but I am no outdoorsy, athlete either. My knowledge of sports is minimal and my idea of a good time is a really good sale at the mall. So I can only beleive that the Maker has a wonderful sense of humor. First, for marrying me to a lifeguard ( um , I don't swim) who eventually morphed into a swimming coach and then by making me the parent of not one or two, but four rowdy, athletic and outdoorsy boys. I can just imagine the conversation in Heaven. It has been a busy hectic day and a little distraction is called for..."hey why don't we check in on that poor girl living with 5 men, that's always good for laugh."
Of course, being married to a coach is much like, I imagine, being a single parent. If he is not actually at a coaching event, (meet, match, game, etc.) he is actively recruiting for the next season's team, dealing with paperwork or watching other teams for inspiration and ideas. There is no such thing as Off Season and who ever came up with that little phrase, I would like to speak to personally.
In addition to swimming, football is the primary game around here. At one time or another, between the four, they have played baseball, basketball, soccer and taken karate. One plays the drums, they all like to fish and hike around the woods. So busy is the staus quo, though I try to limit one child to one activity per season. It's the only way I can survive. Did I mention that I teach special education?
I will try to share stories from this crazy life, ideas, thoughts, things I (and other moms I know ) have found to work or just things we like.

No comments: